Hi everyone, I’m Melody. Let me start by saying this whole venture is the direct result of too many ideas and definitely not enough time. The ideas I have are overwhelming at times, and I’ve been known to bemoan the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day. I love writing, crafting, knitting, crocheting, photography, cooking, baking, designing, watercolors, embroidery, weaving – the list kind of goes on and on, so I’ll stop.
Through this website and my little entrepreneur adventures, I hope to bring more beauty into the world through my creativity. I also want to help people discover their own creative passions, and show them the beautiful art of handmade.
A little bit about me:
- I traveled halfway across the country and lived on my own in another state for a year and a half doing a discipleship program. While there I learned how to make French press coffee, dyed some of my hair pink, learned how to program and run a light show, and grew ever closer to God.
- I’ve had patterns published in two mainstream craft books and three online publications.
- I’ve been to Washington D.C. three times and loved each trip.
- I’ve stood at 12,000 feet in the Rockies, drinking chai and watching snow fall on a grazing herd of elk.
- I’ve worked in three libraries (one of them nationally acclaimed), a bookstore and a museum gift shop.
- I’ve been published in a real live crochet pattern book (Crochet One Skein Wonders).
- I dream of traveling to Europe and expanding my creative skills.
- I once wanted to be a ballerina.
- I wouldn’t mind living in Scotland.
Everything I have, do, and am is because of Jesus. I give all the glory to God for what I do. He, the ultimate Creator, has blessed me with the ability to create and be inspired and give inspiration to others, and I’m so thankful! I hope to spread His love through what I do.
Books: Anything written by Agatha Christie; To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee; the Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradley; The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Pope; Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis; and so many more.
Movies: Once; Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium; The Giant Mechanical Man; old musicals; Rear Window; Walk, Don’t Run; Begin Again; The High Cost of Living, etc., etc.
Music: The Oh Hello’s; The Head and the Heart; Colony House; Rend Collective; All Sons & Daughters; I Am They; The Paper Kites; Coldplay; Of Monsters and Men.
Thank you for visiting Melmaria Designs! Click here to visit my blog and leave a comment – I’d love to meet you!